Monday, September 26, 2011

September 26th Weekly Menu Plan

I decided to start a new segment on my blog and website. At my shows, I find so many people have a tough time deciding what's for dinner. So, I thought I would help by posting what I will be cooking this week for dinner. This guide may help you plan your menu so you don't have that rushed feeling about what's for dinner at 5:00 pm each night. So here is what I am cooking this week:

Monday: Chicken and Rice with Green Beans

Brown 1 lb of chicken (I use drumsticks or thighs) and one diced onion in olive oil in the 12" Skillet. Add 1 cup of rice. Stir to toast a few minutes. Add 2 cups of water, 2 cloves of pressed garlic, Goya sazon seasoning. Simmer for 25 minutes. Test chicken to make sure it is done. Serve with whichever vegetable your family enjoys.

Tuesday: Roast Turkey Quarter with Potatoes and Vegetables

I cook my Turkey or Chicken with sliced potatoes, carrots and quartered onions. To season, I use our Italian Seasoning, Salt and Pepper. Roast at 350 until done (usually in about 1 1/2 hours). This take a little long, so if you have our Deep Covered Baker, you want put a whole chicken in the microwave, uncovered for 30 minutes. Take out of the microwave and cover. Wait 10 minutes and Enjoy.

Wednesday: Pasta and Meat Sauce

Saute ground beef and add it to your favorite tomato sauce. Boil your pasta. Add a salad and dinner is done.

Thursday, Chicken Pot Pie

Take the leftover chicken (or turkey) with the extra potatoes and carrots and mix it with a white sauce (butter, flour and milk) or a can of Cream of Chicken Soup. Spoon into our Deep Dish Baker or Deep Covered Baker. Top with homemade or Pillsbury biscuits. Bake at 350 for 25-30 minutes until bis cuts are brown and chicken mixture is bubbly.

Friday: Leftovers

Just take any of the food that you have leftover from the previous meals and let your family choose what they want. Easy night!

Of course, if you are busy on Tuesday night, you may want to make the pasta which is really fast and easy. If you are not busy, you can go ahead and roast the chicken. This is just my menu plan which I hope will help you make your meal time prep less hectic. Let me know if you have any questions.

No comments:

Post a Comment