Monday, September 21, 2009

Peppers and Eggs

I have not posted anything in several months. I am sorry and I will try to post on a weekly basis.

I am cooking at the Council on Aging today. This will be my Incredible Egg show. I love eggs and eat them for breakfast, lunch or dinner (not in the same day). Today I will cook a Eggs and Peppers Sandwiches. This is something my mother used to make a lot when I was young. My husband loves egg sandwiches with linguica, peppers and onion.

How I make it: just saute onions, peppers, and garlic in a little oil until soft. Whip some eggs with a little milk, salt and peppers. Pour into saute pan. As the egg starts to set, tilt pan and lift egg to let the liquid egg flow under the solid egg. Cover and put on low heat. Once it is firm but still a little wet, add shredded cheese. Once cheese is melted, serve on french bread or rolls. I usually serve with a small salad.

I hope you enjoy this. This recipe is super quick and tastes great!

No comments:

Post a Comment