Sunday, November 15, 2009

Pasta with Little Necks

Each year we purchase a shellfish license from our town hall. It costs us $25 each year and pays for itself over and over again. Just going out once for a basket of clams or little necks (quahogs) will more than pay for the license.

We had a small basket of little necks last week. When I am fortunate enough to have the clams, I usually do one of three things with them: clam boil, chowder or pasta.
With this batch, I made chowder and a pasta dish.

The pasta is a quick, simple dish with really no recipe. This is how I made it:

Boil spaghetti to al dente and drain.

Meanwhile, saute one onion in olive oil. Once soft, add one can of dice tomatoes and about 4 cloves of garlic, crushed or minced; pepper and salt. Add a splash (or more) of wine. Simmer and add the little neck clams. Cover and cook until the clams open. Serve over the pasta for a fabulous meal.

I put about 18 little necks in the sauce. You can adjust this for your tastes or the amount you have.

I love this meal because it is quick and delicious. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment