Friday, April 3, 2009

Linda's Kitchen

This blog is my attempt to chronicle my frugal cooking practises. It is my hope that I will help someone with my experience in cooking...especially cooking and eating well on a budget.

A little about me: I am a forty something mother of two. Wife of a very spoiled husband. He knows he is spoiled with everything I cook and bake for him. My children don't know how truly spoiled they are. Wait until they leave for college!

I have a busy career and my children are involved in many activities...which means my husband and I are taxi drivers. No mini-van for me, so if you think I am a mini-van/SUV driving soccer Mom, your wrong. I don't drive a mini-van or an SUV. I am a sedan driving soccer mom!

I volunteer at school, the local senior center (I do a cooking class once a month!) and I am always helping out at the local library. I am an avid reader of just about any book and cookbook.

I hope you learn something from this blog and I hope I learn from you, too!

Well, what did I cook today? It was a very easy day. Some people make weekly menus to keep things simple and frugal. I just have a hard time being that rigid. I don't know what I am going to feel like cooking on Monday. So, I usually decide what I will cook the night before or in the morning.

Tonight I made a simple Roast Chicken Thighs with Potatoes, Onions and Carrots. My family eats this often. It's easy, inexpensive and my family loves it. We tend to eat dark meat chicken. My family really does not like white meat because it is too dry. That suits me just fine because dark meat is much less expensive. The recipe is as follows:

4 Bone-in Chicken Thighs
4 large potatoes, peeled and sliced
3 carrots, peeled and sliced
1 onion, cut in eighths
seasoned salt to taste
Italian Seasoning

Put chicken on a oiled baking sheet with sides. Arrange vegetables around chicken pieces. Add seasoned salt and Italian Seasoning to vegetables and chicken. Bake at 425 for 40-50 minutes until chicken is cooked. You can set the broiler for the last 5 minutes, if you want crispier chicken and vegetables.

No comments:

Post a Comment